Sunday 17 November 2019

Travelling yesterday (Nov. 16 poem)

I was on the road yesterday. I jotted down the following, not quite a "poem" by any standards, in my notebook:


Maybe I could write a quick haiku?
But then again, seventeen syllables could never encapsulate the depth of this day.

To play! To laugh and to sing.
The Joy my heart can bring to this Universe...

When I am aligned rather than cursed to believe the lies my storyteller weaves
Small spider in the snow. Will you weave again tomorrow? Or did you freeze not long after I held you in the palm of my hand? Where must you land in order to thrive?

When I am happy, when I can see clearly
with a mind that is fear-free...

Oh dearly. There are many who would do anything to be loved like this.
So what is the problem? Can the problem quite simply be that nothing is the matter?

Sleepy brain. Relaxed. Soaked in minerals from the Womb of Gaia.
Free from pain. Made tracks on the lake where Angels or Soldiers dwell.

The blessing of being here on this Earth, of walking and loving next to you...

But again my mind begins to worry...hurry back to me. Talk to me. Walk with me. Tell me everything will always be ok...at least for today, we did pretty good, didn't we?

The internet said that feeling paradoxical is a sign of something toxical in the waters. But dear sons and daughters, a wise man once wrote:

"THE PARADOX IS ONE OF OUR MOST VALUED SPIRITUAL POSSESSIONS…ONLY THE PARADOX COMES ANYWHERE NEAR TO COMPREHENDING THE FULLNESS OF LIFE." Carl Jung   


No comments:

Post a Comment