Monday 30 January 2012

Tapas

I'm going to a yoga class at 9pm tonight (not for appetizers like Meshon thought when I mumbled "tapas" moments ago). I have been planning to do so for at least a few days. About 20 minutes ago I felt totally and completely unmotivated to go. I still don't feel like going, but I'm going.

Tapas: the fire, literally "heat"; self-discipline; austerity. It can mean essential energy or have to do with burning away negative energy. I think of it as doing something that I might not feel like doing but that my Self knows will be good for me. Good physically, mentally, spiritually–a lot of waysally. Do you know that I have never ever regretted having gone to a yoga practice? It's true. I honestly have never come out of any yoga studio anywhere and thought, "Man. I really wish I hadn't gone to that practice." So when I don't feel like going I try to remember this.

Off to practice now!

No comments:

Post a Comment