Wednesday 25 January 2012

Ode to a Spider Plant

Writing a blog post everyday is proving difficult. As I sit here tonight I think, what will I write about. I glance around. My spider plant is doing very well. I was recently reading Neruda's Odes (his are amazing...I will simply do some stream of consciousness I think). Here goes:

Ode to a Spider Plant

Your pleasant green herbacious foliage
shoots straight up from your centres
jutting towards the sky
until
each grassy leaf
gracefully falls outwards
spilling bounteously forth
making room for more
cleansing green purity

Each shapely blade
with their daintily pointed tips
striped white along the central channel
are perfect harmonious curves
of energy
and life

You don't ask for much
but you give so freely
thank you for cleaning my air
and for reflecting the light
in this dimly lit room.

No comments:

Post a Comment