Sunday 15 January 2012

40 Day Sadhana

I have been toying with the idea of starting a blog for some time. My main obstacle being that I didn't know how, having never done it before. I had planned on beginning a blog as a New Year's resolution, the goal being that I want to write more. Somehow I managed to let that January 1st deadline slip by but now I have the perfect opportunity!!!

I am beginning a 40 day Sadhana, a yoga journey where I commit to transforming my life in some way. I have participated in four 40 day journeys to date. This will be number five. Though I am not in Saskatoon, where my awesome teacher, Ryan Leier, is leading the transformation, I am super excited to develop some new habits and shed some old ones here in Edmonton. I KNOW I will feel the vibe from afar.

My goals are as follows:
  1. write something on this blog every day
  2. no chips allowed!
  3. 10 minutes of meditation each night before bed
  4. minimum 15 minute asana practice each day (I'll be aiming for an hour but I don't want to commit to failure)
  5. begin strategically, methodically, diligently and decidedly killing the candida (a.k.a. yeasties–more on that later).
There you have it, my pledge to transform. This entire year, for me, is going to be about loving. Loving others (I do that easily <3) and loving myself, unconditionally. To still and banish the judgmental thoughts, to replace them with love and compassion. I will be on love and compassion autopilot mode!

This blog, ultimately, will be about me and the things I'm interested in. I shall go where the day takes me, following the trolley wire in the sky that guides me as best as I can (and I'll write about it here).

I shall leave with a joke. Xavier told it to Meshon and I today. It came out of the blue.

Xavier: "Why didn't the yoga teacher teach any yoga?"
Us: "Why?"
Xavier: "Because yoga isn't the poses."

2 comments:

  1. AWWW, what a perfect 'joke'. so true.
    i'm happy you started a blog - i've been blogging for 8 years, if you need any pointers (with blogger that is, i'm sure you'll do fine in the land of content)

    and hooray for goals! mine was to do at least ONE sun salutation each day - so far i've done 12 out of 15 days, so that's not too shabby. Some days i even do 2 sets.

    HUGS!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Laura! and hooray for sun salutations!

    ReplyDelete