Saturday 28 January 2012

From Darkness to Light

Xavier, Meshon, Rachelle and Izzie were my lovely companions this evening as we partook in the Mill Creek Adventure walk. As we drove to the lovely Mill Creek Ravine we sang:

Om Asato Maa Sad-Gamaya |
Tamaso Maa Jyotir-Gamaya |
Mrtyor-Maa Amrtam Gamaya |
Om Shaantih Shaantih Shaantih ||

Meaning:
1: Lead us from Unreal to the Real,
2: Lead us from the Darkness to the Light,
3: Lead us from the Fear of Death to the Knowledge of Immortality.
4: Om Peace, Peace, Peace.

The trail was lit with the most beautiful lanterns. These photos simply don't give it justice.




It was a lovely time. Well, it was lovely after Meshon was able to find a parking spot and once we'd reunited with Meshon and Xavier after losing them. Then there was the crappy butt to deal with in the snow in the dark. There were many many people there as well, so it was hard to walk without bumping into everyone...nevertheless, as we walked amidst the beauty and magical splendor I internally was able to change my thoughts and emotions; I was able to move from darkness to light.

Xavier met a real magical queen named Aurora and even touched her ice crystal ball! And he was filled with the power and energy of a solar flare! Or he shot a magical ball of light from his chest at Meshon.




I'm very glad we went. Each day the light comes a little earlier and fades a little later. I'm grateful for the light. Except for when I'm trying to sleep. I'm all for darkness at sleeping time!

No comments:

Post a Comment