Tuesday 24 January 2012

I crossed the river!

Finalmente, yo crucé el río! I have been living in Edmonton for over four months and today is the first day I drove the car across the river! I know, it's pathetic but Edmonton has all these one-way bridges. They frighten me. People find it ironic that I have traveled on every continent (except Antarctica) yet I am afraid to do somewhat simple things in Canada. Nobody ever said I was logical (actually, my Grade 11 Physics teacher said I had a very logical mind. I still wonder if he thought he was writing on another student's report card.)

Xavier and I met up with my friend Ana and she brought along a new friend called Vánia. Xavier and I were able to practice Spanish. It was a lovely time and now I know that crossing the river is really no big deal.

Entonces, hasta la proxima vez. Ahora Xavier esta durmiendo en el coche, asleep in the car. Creo que esta un poco enferma; he usually doesn't nap.

No comments:

Post a Comment