Tuesday 7 February 2012

wakin' up grumpy

I don't want to write anything. Not at all. I want to wallow in self-pity and be grumpy. I'll meditate before bed though. I had a nice time teaching yoga tonight and my day has been very much a series of extreme emotions. Xavier wanted to hear Beatles songs and I played the Across the Universe video for "Let it Be" and just started crying. Xavier said, "what are you doing mama?" "Just cryin'" I replied. "But why are you crying?" he asked. "I don't know. It's just a sad song I guess." I smile. "And are you crying too because you don't know what you want to be when you grow up?" he wonders. I laugh. "What do you think I can do?" I ask him. He pauses for awhile. "Like, maybe you can help people get out of trouble and things. I'm going to be a garage mechanic!" he says. Then he says, "Cry more mama. Talk in the crying voice."

No comments:

Post a Comment