Friday 13 December 2019

I stood beside the River today

"Twirling Home"

Standing beneath the Pine Tree
from on high my eyes can see
dancing and twirling merrily,
the ice floating down.

The sounds the River can sing
from the clinkety crystalline of spring
to the crush and scrape these ice chunks bring,
as they make their grinding sound.

All edges and jaggedness wearing away
the ice travels onwards, but here I stay
feet planted on this Land, upon which I pray
that the River of Faith make me round,

too!

There is me and there is you,
and so many more of us too!
We can journey along, sinsonging our songs
open and ready
feeling deeply strong and so steady.

At our core we are more
dense than even the nucleus of the Stars!

So we bump and then grind
sparkle dust dispersing to shine
on all that it encounters.

And then someday we find
all the magic of being mutually entwined
reveals our own roundabout way home.

We float and we stride
side by side, ride the ride!

And remember, we are never
and have never been
alone.



No comments:

Post a Comment